Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lindsay Lohan's Father Engaged to Kate Major


Lindsay Lohan's about to get a new step-mom.

Her father Michael Lohan and Kate Major, the former reporter who was previously romantically linked to Jon Gosselin, are engaged. No date has been set for the wedding, but Major tells PEOPLE, "I've already talked to some of the bridesmaids, and it will probably be in New York, probably at the end of this year."

Major, 27, brought Michael Lohan, who turns 50 on April 25, to meet her father in Florida over Easter Weekend to get his approval.

"I'm very traditional, so I wanted him to talk to my father," Major says. "Michael went down with me to Florida for Easter, to meet my father to ask for his permission, and my father gave his blessing."

Major, who on Tuesday was wearing an engagement ring, says of the impending nuptials, "I'm ecstatic. I'm very happy. Michael and I have known each other for four years, and it's meant to be."

Michael Lohan echoed his bride-to-be's sentiments, telling PEOPLE, "I'm ecstatic. I've never met anyone who's been there for me like Kate. She's always been there for me. The one thing about Kate is that she doesn't come with baggage."

As for who will take the lead in planning the wedding, Lohan says, "It's up to Kate!"

And neither worries about their 23-year age difference. Major says, "It's never been an issue."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...