Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pati, Patni Aur Woh

So finally after weeks of speculation and rumors, Bhojpuri superstar Ravi Kishen has come clean about his (close) relationship with fellow co-star Nagma. Unlike other movie industry actors, this guy seems pretty chilled out about discussing his extra-martial affair with the media and the entire nation.


This is what he said to Mumbai Mirror's Mr. Subhash Jha -
Ravi is in a confessional mood. He opens up about his relationship with Nagma. "My friends and family are aware of my relationship with Nagma. My wife has accepted Nagma as a beautiful part of my life. I don't lie to my wife about her. She's gracious enough to accept that there can be a special relationship between a man and woman outside marriage. I'm not the first nor the last married man to have an intimate relationship with another woman?," he says. Ravi also confesses that there's no commitment for the future between him and Nagma. "Nagma accepts that I wouldn't leave my wife and children," he says. "We're living in the moment. We don't even talk about the future. In fact Nagma comes home and often cooks along with my wife."

Ravi met Nagma through her father, who's his friend. "I met her the first time fourteen years ago. I'm very proud of my friendship with Nagma and would never demean it by hiding it. We're two crazy sensitive wacko souls. It's a sangam of so many feelings. Our bonding gives us a great comfort level on the sets. We create something beautiful on film," he says.
"I respect Nagma for being a self-made woman," he adds. "Every penny she owns is hard-earned. I'd never do anything to make her feel small."
"I'd never do anything to endanger my career either," he says. "I've slogged for years to get here. Domestic harmony is very important for a man to be successful professionally. My wife has full faith in me. And I'd never let her down. In fact she encourages me to sign films with Nagma. 'Your friendship shows in your work,' she says. My wife doesn't think of Nagma as a home-breaker."
Ravi claims that theirs is not a relationship based on selfish interests. "I'm very happy with her and she's very happy with me. We laugh and joke together. We share everything under the sun and moon. There are no secrets between us," he says.

Well on one hand Ravi Kishen should be given some brownie points for accepting his love affair with actress Nagma and also for being open about it to his wife and kids. But one can't help but wonder, isn't Mr. Ravi Kishen exaggerating a wee-bit too much at least when it comes to his wife's approval of the other women. I mean as far as I have seen, heard and read; no self-respecting women (or man for that matter) would tolerate their partner going about painting the town red with someone else. If it was in fact an allowable thing in relationships then the number of divorces and breakups would decrease considerably and not to forget the number of family-court lawyers filling for un-employment benefits.
But seriously the whole yapping about 'my wife has accepted that there can be a special relationship between a man and woman outside marriage or she comes home and cooks with my wife or my wife doesn't think of Nagma as a home-breaker' - just sounds too good to be true.
I can imagine thousands of men lining up outside Ravi Kishen's house dying to ask him where they can find a woman with same (sharing) beliefs like his wife's for themselves.
In my opinion there can be only three reasons why Mrs. Ravi Kishen is playing along with this charade of a social institution called marriage; Kids and financial security, she is having an affair as well or she is way too much in love with him. But I guess we people can only speculate from our end, the truth shall remain only with the people involved.

As for talking about Ms. Nagma, well she seems to have some sort of soft corner for married men. Remember her previous fling with cricketer ex-captain Sourav Ganguly and I think there was one South-Indian actor as well; though none of these relationships were publicly acknowledged.
Anyways for the time being everyone seems to be happy being part of the triangle, plus as an old saying goes, "Jab Miya, Biwi or Woh raazi to kya karega Blogazee".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...